4 months ago
Reminder - there are just four weeks left in 2019 Developer Circles Community Challenge! Submissions are due September 20 before 5pm EDT. (Find out what time that is in your city.)
Don’t forget: We know as devs your expertise lies in building software - so keep building! However, the submission video needs time too! It's often the first thing that judges and voters review.
Your video tells the story behind your submission, providing a clear way to showcase your software and talent in a video:
- Establish your elevator pitch. In the first few seconds of your video, explain how your software fits into one of the provided categories: Gaming and Entertainment, Productivity and Utility, or Social Good. Also mention the Facebook Developer products you used and why you chose them.
- Remember: One or more of the Facebook Developer products must be Spark AR, React360, or HTML5 Games.
- Within 60 seconds, viewers tend to lose interest, so use this time wisely to keep them engaged!
- Show, don't tell. Providing real life context and showing judges how your software benefits its users will help them understand and appreciate your product design.
- Keep it simple. Per the official rules, your video shouldn't be longer than two minutes.
- Don't wait until the last minute to upload your video. Due to file size, format, and your Internet connection, uploading a video to YouTube, Vimeo, or Youku could take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours.
- Get organized. Write out a script of what you’ll say and demonstrate in your video and rehearse it before recording. Essentially a good script should talk about:
- The problem that your potential users/customers face
- Existing solutions to the problem
- The solution that your software provides and how it works
If you have any questions about the hackathon, please post on the discussion forum.